Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dancing rays, marshmallow skies


It’s a beautiful morn.

The sun rays are shimmering brightly on the face of the ocean; the hues of blue swaying playfully in tandem to the dancing rays.

I sat by the window gazing lazily at the beauty of my view, lamenting slightly at my loss of missing many beautiful sunrise. I wish I can take in life at a slower pace, to enjoy and experience the beauty of God’s creation.

Life is a rat race in the land (or gutters haha) where I live. I have to stay competitive, dynamic, and to seek for excellence. It is always to maximize or optimize the time we have – to stretch every hour to do the most effective in the most efficient manner. As a result, I’m trained to focus and prioritize my tasks – I can’t conceive life without my Ipod calendar – it has become an integral part of me and is now the driver of my life. Yes I am quite like its slave.

Oh well, the reason why I can be sitting by the window appreciating the views today is because I am currently attending this boring Expert Excel class that is held @ Shenton Way, overlooking the sea. And I happen to be sitting by the window with the views. While I had expected them to teach Macros, Charts and Analysis for the Expert level class, they actually kicked off teaching how to format values and create shapes and format colors. But even for such basics, there are always some new tricks to pick up. Even if there’s nothing to learn today, well it’s a wonderful break from my work; so I’m not complaining. I just have to be patient and wait for the juicy part of the lesson.

Meanwhile I can spend my time gazing at the fluffy marshmallow clouds.

No comments: