Tuesday, April 8, 2008

the day my world tumbled

my mum had a stroke 2 days ago.

i pinched myself to wake up from the nightmare. but it was real.
there was nothing i could do, but to pray and pray and pray to God that He'll save her.

i sat outside the emergency ward and stared at a huge green raintree against the azure skies. i cried out to the Lord, to protect and heal my mum. in my helplessness, He is my Help. in my weakness, He is my Strength.

i prayed and cried and prayed and cried. the tree is now dimmed against the amber skies. the world and all its riches meant nothing to me. my mum's love for me is so great that it's uncomprehensible and unimaginable. i know my Lord must definitely understand her love for me, for this is His love for me too - only infinite times greater. i sworn to myself that i'll do everything to love my mum in future.

the tree is now a mass of black, outlined against the dark skies. i still prayed and cried out to the Lord. He is all-knowing, all-powerful. He knows my requests and my desires before i lift them up to Him. what wretched man i am, but His Love still stretches to save me and call me His own.

after a night of sleeplessness, i felt even more helpless on seeing my mum's volatile condition. there is just nothing i can do. then i realise i must let go and let God. i have God's Peace and Assurance in me - that all will be good. I prayed and sang hymns outside the ward, and went home to rest. Today, my mum's condition is now stabilised and hopefully she could go to a normal ward if all is good by this evening. i have nothing but only Praises for my Lord.

Thank you my Lord, my King, my Deliverer, my Shelter, my Help in time of need.

No comments: