Friday, December 14, 2007

Musings from Hanoi

I'm now at the lobby of a little boutique budget hotel in the central of Hanoi...it's ard 11pm now and i'm trying to send an e-card to my brother to wish him happy birthday -- well he's in sydney right now, and it's already 3am on his bday :)

Hmmm, i'm 4th on the queue to use the washroom to bathe today so here i am... jotting down some musings to pass time.

It's now my 3rd day here in Hanoi. Just came back from Ha Long Bay today from a 2D1N cruise. Weather was so good, and the scenery is breathtaking...every view is like a picture postcard. The sunset is so beautiful - the setting sun is like a huge mandarin orange, falling quickly on the peaks of the hills.


The food on board is great too...will be posting some pictures here after i'm back in spore.
We had some pretty neat and romantic dinner on the cruise last night, and we ordered a bottle of bordeaux 1996 red wine. I ended up pretty drowsy after my 3rd glass - wondered if it's due to the liquor or sea-sickness. Heh.








This morning woke up so early in the morning to kayak around the isles and the fishing villages. It was fun - and i brought my hp to the kayak to take some pictures but it started to get wet. it was fortunate it was slim enough for me to slide in between my foot and the track sandals i'm wearing, to avoid all the water that's already in the little kayak. My butt and my legs are mostly wet :(



Think they could have finished bathing by now, going up to check on them.
Oh i think Vietnamese are mostly pretty friendly ppl -- at least i enjoyed my stay here in this hotel, the cruise and my dinner experience -- which i'll write another entry to discuss more on that.

Logging off for now! ZzzzzZ

No comments: